Etiquette & Protocol
Swimming Pool Etiquette
Last Updated: 24 Jul 2020
- Shower before entering the pool
- Babies must wear swim nappies
- Swim within your ability – use equipment and buoyancy aids if required
- Do not swim if feeling unwell
- Inform a lifeguard if you have any medical conditions
- Look out for yourself and others while in the pool
- Be aware of danger - sudden pool depths or slippery surfaces
- Listen out for the emergency alarms or lifeguard instructions
Suitable Swimwear & Equipment
In the interests of hygiene & safety, please ensure you wear suitable swimwear and use appropriate equipment in the swimming pool.
Suitable swimwear includes:
- Swimming costumes
- Swimming trunks
- Swim shorts (above knee)
- Rash Vests or Tops
- Lycra (or similar material) Leggings
- Lycra (or similar material), close-fitting full-body swim suits
Swimwear should be of a suitable material, i.e. not get excessively heavy or become transparent when wet. Please also note that babies are required to wear swim nappies.
If you have medical, religious or personal reasons for wanting to wear alternative, loose fitting clothing, please speak to a member of our team. However, for safety reasons, you may be restricted to shallow water.
Please also note that the use of fins, snorkels and other swim aids may be restricted in general, public swim sessions. Please contact reception for further information and times when the use of such equipment is permitted.